Thursday, February 9, 2012

essential sewing

I am taking a sewing class called Essential Sewing! It's on-line which is the only way to go at this point in my life. Check out my teacher's blog: Whipstitch.  I kinda know how to to sew stuff other than quilts, but it's like when I took beginning quilting several years after I started quilting.  It's amazing how much you find out you don't know as well as building confidence for what I do know.  Plus it's fun and it's a great outlet for me right now.  There is no pressure and I can do it in little bits and pieces when the baby is sleeping.  (Or sometimes she hangs out in the sewing room with me).  It's fun to see what everyone else is making too and we can comment and ask questions.  Below is what I've made so far - a napkin and a tote.  I'm supposed to be working on a tool roll-up but I screwed up making bias tape.  I think I have it figured out now but I haven't had the chance to get back to it.



No comments: