Saturday, June 12, 2010

trying to find a little hope

I'm participating in CraftHope's Project 8 - sending wash clothes and hand towels to those that are trying to save the animals in the gulf. I'm excited about this for a number of reasons - I've wanted to take part in one of their projects for a long time and had not been able to get it together, it's such a simple project that literally anyone can do it (I guess the one requirement might be that you know how to work scissors), and last but certainly not least, it's a little way to have a positive impact in what is going on with this oil spill. I've been thinking about all of the joyful times I have had both in and around our oceans, most recently snorkeling and scuba diving in Tahiti. We happened upon a sea turtle while snorkeling at one point and it was so beautiful and graceful - really just mesmerizing.

I encourage you to join up. If you don't have the time to do this, you can just send Dawn soap. The due date is July 3 but I'm pretty sure they are flexible - they are going to need supplies for a long long time. I bought diaper flannel - it was 100% cotton and cheap, and they don't need anything fancy so it seemed perfect. I'll post a picture of my donation once I've actually completed it.

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

No comments: