Monday, May 31, 2010

Ode to a Thimble

I couldn't find my thimble for about three minutes today. It was a long three minutes. My husband gifted me with it for Christmas several years ago and it has made such a difference. I went to a hand quilting class at the Columbia River Gorge Quilt Show in 2006. It was my first class although I'd been quilting for several years and I learned so much! It's kind of unbelievable how in the dark I had been. I wish I knew who the teacher was so I could thank her. She introduced me to a book called That Perfect Stitch by Roxanne McElroy. And to a thimble developed by Roxanne (scroll down the page to find it and then click on the more info link for a pdf that explains). It's quite different that most thimbles I had ever seen and it made so much more sense to my finger. It's designed to go on the pad of your finger and you actually have to get your finger sized with a ring sizer so you know what to buy. (That was an entertaining trip to the jewelry store).

I am rather prone to losing things but today was the first time I have ever misplaced my thimble. It won't happen again.

No comments: